The Owl House, High Barn Holiday Cottages
Self-Catering Holiday Cottage, East Yorkshire- sleeps 4
- free Wi-Fi
The Owl House was the section of the building used as a workman’s cottage until the mid 20th century. The layout of this Yorkshire self-catering holiday cottage is traditional, with the living accommodation on the ground floor and the bedrooms on the floor above. Near Bridlington and Flamborough Head on the East Yorkshire coast, and within easy reach of Beverley, Filey, Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York for day trips, The Owl House makes a great base for a family of four or two couples seeking a self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Holiday Cottage Accommodation
The Owl House is a beautifully finished two-storey holiday cottage painstakingly created to offer luxury self-catering holidays in East Yorkshire.
This holiday cottage is really special and absolutely unique. Before the renovations started, we had a resident pair of breeding barn owls at High Barn. Within the roof space of this cottage, on the outside east-facing wall, we have constructed a totally self-contained five-star owl house, complete with CCTV, so that our owls can return to their favoured nesting place and our visitors can watch activity within their home. The barn owls raised one clutch of three chicks in 2012 and mated again in 2013, but produced no chicks because of a long, wet spring. Four chicks fledged in 2014 and gave great pleasure to all who viewed them on the web-cam.
- The accommodation is on two levels.
- Entrance hall with cloakroom.
- Living room with log-burning stove and views over the wild flower meadow, the newly planted orchard and the courtyard.
- Generous dining-kitchen beautifully finished with quartz work-surfaces and quality appliances, including an American-style fridge-freezer. Excellent views and access to the patio.
- Upstairs master bedroom with a super-king-size bed, Freeview flat-screen television, and an en-suite bath room.
- Upstairs twin bedroom with Freeview flat-screen television and an en-suite shower room. This room can alternatively be configured as a double bedroom by prior request.
- Private patio area with lovely views and outdoor furniture.
- Wildlife web-cam.
- Free Wi-Fi for use with your own laptop.
- Under-floor heating throughout.
- Secure parking for two cars.
You can view our prices and availability on-line. You can then either book on-line or by telephone. Payment can be made by credit or debit card on-line or over the telephone or by posted cheque. We can answer any questions you may have by email or telephone.
Book On-line or by TelephoneOur prices and availability are always accurate as they are updated automatically as bookings are made. If the holiday cottage and dates you want are shown as available, you can book and pay on-line instantly. You can also book by telephone.
The peace and quiet here is blissful and the lovely weather enhanced it!
Carolyn and Brian Gamet
Beautiful location and accommodation. Loved the birdlife and the wildlife outside the window. Saw one really awesome hare. We hope to return to see more of this lovely part of Yorkshire.
The De Mei Family, Geneva
Wonderful accommodation. First class. Lovely scenery. We could move in!
Julia, Steve, Mark and James Williams
From our initial conversation with Angela, we knew we had chosen the right place to stay. When we arrived, our first reaction was 'wow!', and that was before we'd even walked in the door.
We will definitely return for longer. If we could move in tomorrow, we would!
Gill, Steve and Alex Barker Preston
A delightful stay. The Owl House compels you to relax and enjoy. Loved watching the hares bounding around the fields!
Ian and Maria Blakeley