- Booking Information
- Privacy Notice
- Environmental Policy and Visitors' Code
- About our Location at High Barn and Field House
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Why so few National Trust Houses?
- Attractions and Activities
- Eat Like A King - Our Top Choices
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Our Top 10 Country pubs
- Reasons to Stay at High Barn
- Bike Hire. Cycle routes. Dalby Forest
- Travel Directions
- Surrounded by Nature
- Rainy days?
- Castles, Houses and Gardens
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Done Everything in the Area?
- Adventurous Activities
- Golfer's East Coast Passport Offer
- Access Statement and wheelchair taxis
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Why not take a look at Field House Farm Cottages?
York Old Brewery
Hop Store, Malt House, Brew House
Why not take a look at The York Old Brewery?
High Barn Holiday Cottages Information
Eat Like A King - Our Top Choices
We have some great gastro pubs and eating places in Yorkshire. Some take a bit of a drive, so they may suit you better for lunch.
- The Pipe and Glass, South Dalton.
- The Star at Harome, near Helmsley.
- The Black Swan Helmsley - lovely for afternoon tea.
- The Blue Bell at Weaverthorpe.
- The Downcliffe, Filey. Fabulous views over Filey Bay
- The Suppatra Thai, Bridlington - really excellent!
- Tickton Grange, near Beverley.
- The Black Swan, Oldstead
Pipe and Glass . Yes fully wheelchair friendly. 01430 810246
The Star Harome . Yes, but some parts of the building not accessible and specific entance doorway required. 01439 770397
The Black Swan Helmsley. Yes, in tea room and lounge, but ladies w.c. up some step. Gents w.c. accessible 01439 770466
The Blue Bell Weaverthorpe. Wheelchair users have dined here , but - step into building and step into Ladies and Gents. 01944 738204
The Downcliffe, Filey . Steps to entrance.
The Suppatra Bridlington. For wheelchair users too small. 01262 678565
Tickton Grange, Beverley. Yes. Little step in to main reception, but staff will provide a ramp for wheelchairs. Everthing else wheelchair friendly. 01964 543666
We've still to try The Box Tree at Ilkley, The Yorke Arms at Ramsgill, The Old Vicarage at Sheffield and The Burlington at The Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey. Michelin Starred and very special from all reports, but a considerable distance to travel.