- Booking Information
- Privacy Notice
- Environmental Policy and Visitors' Code
- About our Location at High Barn and Field House
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Why so few National Trust Houses?
- Attractions and Activities
- Eat Like A King - Our Top Choices
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Our Top 10 Country pubs
- Reasons to Stay at High Barn
- Bike Hire. Cycle routes. Dalby Forest
- Travel Directions
- Surrounded by Nature
- Rainy days?
- Castles, Houses and Gardens
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Done Everything in the Area?
- Adventurous Activities
- Golfer's East Coast Passport Offer
- Access Statement and wheelchair taxis
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Why not take a look at Field House Farm Cottages?
York Old Brewery
Hop Store, Malt House, Brew House
Why not take a look at The York Old Brewery?
High Barn Holiday Cottages Information
Castles, Houses and Gardens
Castles, Houses, Gardens, Abbeys and Ancient Monuments in Yorkshire
Yorkshire possesses a wealth of historic buildings,including many interesting and notable churches. The following are just some of the best. The can all be reached within an hour's drive of High Barn.
- Beverley Minster
- Burton Agnes Hall - our favourite Elizabethan country House
- Burnby Hall Gardenswith the national collection of water lilies
- Wharram Percy is a Medieval village, only reached on foot in stunning Wolds countryside
- Burton Constable Hall, close to Hull with a fascinating collection of Victorian artefacts.
- Castle Howard set in magnificent parkland with lakes, a children's playground, follies and gardens
- Clifford's Tower York
- Helmsley Castle and Walled garden
- Nunnington Hall
- Pickering Castle
- Rievaulx Abbey
- Scampston Hall
- Scarborough Castle
- Sledmere House
- Sutton Park
- The Treasurer's House, York
- Whitby Abbey
- York City Walls
- York Minster