- Booking Information
- Privacy Notice
- Environmental Policy and Visitors' Code
- About our Location at High Barn and Field House
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Why so few National Trust Houses?
- Attractions and Activities
- Eat Like A King - Our Top Choices
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Our Top 10 Country pubs
- Reasons to Stay at High Barn
- Bike Hire. Cycle routes. Dalby Forest
- Travel Directions
- Surrounded by Nature
- Rainy days?
- Castles, Houses and Gardens
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Done Everything in the Area?
- Adventurous Activities
- Golfer's East Coast Passport Offer
- Access Statement and wheelchair taxis
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Why not take a look at Field House Farm Cottages?
York Old Brewery
Hop Store, Malt House, Brew House
Why not take a look at The York Old Brewery?
High Barn Holiday Cottages Information
Done Everything in the Area?
We're very fortunate to have many returning visitors. You'd think people might run out of things to do, but there are plenty of less publicised activities and places that are worth a visit.
Here are a few less obvious suggestions:
- Skidby Windmill near Beverley. A working windmill where you can purchase their flour.
*Speeton Church on the clifftops. Isolated and tiny but well worth the walk.
*Scarborough Cricket Festival. A lovely old fashioned cricket ground in the middle of the town.
*Millington Pastures, deep in the Yorkshire Wolds- stunning scenery, but steep! Cafe and pub in the village.
*A trip up Flamborough Lighthouse. Inexpensive and quirky. Great views.
*Afternoon tea at Goddards in York.Step back into the past. Edwardian elegance.
*Hull Freedom Festival. Street theatre and music. A big event.
*Tea dancing at Bridlington Spa.
*A ghost walk in Bridlington Old Town.
*Fishing from Bridlington harbour top.
*Burnby Hall Gardens. Water lilies.
*Filey Brigg and Country Park.