- Booking Information
- Privacy Notice
- Environmental Policy and Visitors' Code
- About our Location at High Barn and Field House
- Holidays in East Yorkshire
- Why so few National Trust Houses?
- Attractions and Activities
- Eat Like A King - Our Top Choices
- Our Top 10 Value Eating Places
- Live Like A Local
- Our Top 10 Country pubs
- Reasons to Stay at High Barn
- Bike Hire. Cycle routes. Dalby Forest
- Travel Directions
- Surrounded by Nature
- Rainy days?
- Castles, Houses and Gardens
- Yorkshire Coast Nature-wildlife tours & events
- Done Everything in the Area?
- Adventurous Activities
- Golfer's East Coast Passport Offer
- Access Statement and wheelchair taxis
In this section, you will find useful information to assist you in planning your self-catering cottage holiday in Yorkshire.
We have a superb location near Bridlington on the East Yorkshire coast, within easy reach of Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Why not take a look at Field House Farm Cottages?
York Old Brewery
Hop Store, Malt House, Brew House
Why not take a look at The York Old Brewery?
High Barn Holiday Cottages Information
The East Yorkshire Coast is a great base for thrill seekers. Try at least one of these:
- Beach Buggying at Fraisthorpe (own equipment required)
- Wreck diving at Flamborough Head (own equipment required)
- Go Ape at Dalby Forest. Also forest cycling trails.
- Four wheel off road driving
- Gliding at Pocklington
- Para gliding and hang gliding at Sewerby Cliffs (own equipment required)
- Sea fishing from Bridlington or Flamborough.
- Parachute jumping from Grindale Aerodrome
- Long distance cycling around the East Riding.
- Walking The Wolds Way. Humber |Bridge to Filey
- Whale watching out of Whitby. High success rate
- Pony trekking Woldgate, Bridlington
- Surfing at Cayton Bay, south of Scarborough
- Clay Pigeon Shooting at Brandesburton or Fordon