High Barn Self-Catering Holiday Cottages, East Yorkshire- luxury self-catering holiday cottages
- each cottage sleeps 4
- superb location in The Yorkshire Wolds
- free Wi-Fi
- Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards Winner for Self Catering 2017
- Welcome to Yorkshire White Rose Awards Winner 2012
- Real Yorkshire Tourism Awards : Winner 'Remarkable Newcomer' 2012
- Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards - Winner 'Remarkable Sustainable' 2013
- Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards Winner Self Catering 2014
- Prestigious Green Tourism Gold Business Award
High Barn Holiday Cottages sit on the eastern fringes of The Yorkshire Wolds, close to Bridlington's sandy beaches and the spectacular chalk cliffs of Flamborough Head. Within easy reach of Beverley, Filey, Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby and York, The Wolds are a secluded area recently made famous by David Hockney’s vibrant paintings. The North Yorkshire Moors are within easy driving distance too, making the cottages an excellent base for a self-catering holiday in Yorkshire, perfect for both coast and countryside.
We won the East Yorkshire Regional awards for Self Catering in 2012, 2014 and 2017, and also won the Sustainable Tourism award in 2013. In 2015, we reached the Visit England National finals and were Highly Commended. High Barn has held the prestigious Green Tourism Business Award since opening.
Guests constantly tell us that these stunning holiday cottages exceed their highest expectations, and our aim is to provide a wonderful holiday experience for every guest.
High Barn is a peaceful holiday retreat, home to deer, hare and barn owls. There is open water on the site - a lovely wildlife pond - so we direct families with very young children to our alternative accommodation down the lane at Field House Farm.
Holiday Cottages Accommodation
All five of our holiday cottages are set around a paved sunny south-west-facing courtyard, with generous seating, plus each cottage has a private individual patio area with open views, seating and tables.
The generous kitchens are superbly finished with quartz worktops and quality appliances. Many original features, ancient beams and stonework have been retained and the open-plan living areas are spacious, light, and warmed by under-floor heating. Log-burning stoves are an additional feature.
Sleeping up to four persons, the bedrooms will be configured on arrival as one super-king-size and one twin, unless requested otherwise. Each bedroom has a luxury en-suite travertine marble bathroom or shower room.
All bed-linen, towels, heating and electricity are included. Each cottage has a dishwasher, washer / dryer, microwave, electric oven, fridge-freezer, MP3 docking stations and flat-screen Freeview televisions in all living areas and bedrooms.
On arrival, guests are delighted with the contents of our Yorkshire Produce Welcome Hamper.
The ground-floor holiday cottages are level throughout and have wet-rooms, making them suitable for guests with slight mobility problems. An assistance dog is permitted in The Spinney.
High Barn is a peaceful holiday retreat and home to hare, deer and barn owls. However, there is open water on the site and a wildlife pond. Therefore, we consider High Barn to be unsuitable for families with very young children and toddlers, who we direct to our alternative holiday cottages, down the lane at Field House.
You can view our prices and availability on-line. You can then either book on-line or by telephone. Payment can be made by credit or debit card on-line or over the telephone or by posted cheque. We can answer any questions you may have by email or telephone.
Book On-line or by TelephoneOur prices and availability are always accurate as they are updated automatically as bookings are made. If the holiday cottage and dates you want are shown as available, you can book and pay on-line instantly. You can also book by telephone.
Holiday Cottage ContentsEvery cottage includes:
- Log-burning stove with complimentary logs.
- Welcome hamper of Yorkshire produce.
- En-suite facilities for all bedrooms.
- Superb kitchens with granite work-tops.
- Travertine marble bathrooms and shower rooms with luxury fittings.
- Under-floor central heating.
- Eco-friendly home-produced electricity.
- Free Wi-Fi for use with your laptop.
- i-Pod dock.
- Flat screen Freeview TVs in all living rooms and bedrooms.
- Quality cotton bed-linen, towels and tea-towels.
- Dishwasher, fridge-freezer, washing machine, and tumble dryer or combo.
- Outdoor tables, parasol and seating for private areas at the rear of each cottage.
- Outdoor seating in courtyard area for all five cottages.
- Live barn owl web-cam.
- Ample secure off-road parking.
Field House Farm Holiday Cottages
Why not take a look at Field House Farm Cottages?
York Old Brewery
Hop Store, Malt House, Brew House
Why not take a look at The York Old Brewery?